When I am working on a project I often have small parts sitting around. I had been keeping them in a small, plastic cup – probably one from Taco Bell. Only problem was that I kept knocking it over. Quick fix was to hot glue the cup onto a piece of foam board. Now it doesn’t tip over so easy.
Here is a link to some (99) photos from this year’s Flite Fest. https://www.flickr.com/photos/safety_fast/albums/72157709881801187
So here is what the finished, installed firewall looks like on the power pod. Needed to notch the foam board a bit to make room for the blind nuts, otherwise the firewall wouldn’t lay flat against the foam board.
Finally went out to fly the FT Old Speedster for the first time. Things didn’t go well. When I went to taxi around it veered left when I gave it throttle. Then when I took off it kept wanting to climb even with several clicks of down elevator trim. The Speedster doesn’t have any down or right trim built into the motor mount. Every balsa model that I have ever built had both down and right trim. Lacking any other insights I decided to do that with the Speedster. I made a new firewall with a larger hole to pass the motor cables through. And I am going to use the X-mount and blind nuts with socket head cap screws. 4-40. To see the solution that I plan to use for down & right thrust, see a previous post here.